Mellors have updated the menu for Summer replacing a few choices with some children's favourites. Week ending 3rd May is the week 1 menu. The pattern is determined by our catering company Mellors.
We have 2 hot meal choices every day (See menus ) plus salad bar & Jacket Potatoes and salad selection. Please discuss the menu at home so that your child becomes familiar with the choices on offer. Bread & butter/Yoghurt & Fruit are also available each day. Our Foundation and KS1 children now receive a free meal as part of the Universal Free School Meals Programme. From KS2 our meals are charged at £2.20 per day.
Please ensure that KS2 children have their lunch account kept up to date. Lunches are to be paid for in advance at £11 per week. Payment can be made using our school money website - Eduspot. Any arrears will result in us asking you to provide a packed lunch each day until the account is settled in full.
Feedback regarding your child's lunchtime experience is welcome. Please write/speak to Mrs Young in the school office.
Free School Meals
Did you know ….. just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? Register now to make sure we don’t miss out!
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered the school receives £900.
With this money we can help support your child’s education. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get help with school trips.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below. It is very important that you apply even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 and is eligible for Universal infant free school meals.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, complete the application form below or contact Rochdale Authority on Telephone number 0300 303 8870, or the authority you live in, or visit http://www.Rochdale.gov.uk/schools_and_education/free_school_meals.aspx
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue with packed lunches – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets the extra funding.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You must receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS) or Income based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child tax credit (provided you aren’t entitled to working tax credit) and have an income that doesn’t exceed the current year’s level
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit during the 4-week period immediately after your employment finished.
For more information on how we spend our pupil premium money visit the pupil premium page under the parent information tab.